A Brave Reset in Believing God is Good
Updated: May 19, 2020
By Susan Ely
God's Brave Women - Susan's Story
When I met Becky Beresford at a writing conference and found out she had a series called Brave Women, I jumped at the opportunity to do a guest post. Write about bravery? No brainer. My only problem would be deciding which brave story to tell.
I had plenty to choose from:
· The years of pleading with God to protect and deliver my son from drug addiction
· Walking my daughter through a teenage pregnancy
· Moving across the country multiple times for ministry positions
· Losing our home to foreclosure in 2010
· Finding my husband slumped over in the bathroom from a massive pulmonary embolism (he lived—miraculous!)
Y’all, I’ve had to be Brave with a capital “B.”
When I was younger, I never thought I’d have to be brave. Bravery was for other people, the unfortunate ones who had “bad” things happen to them. Surely, that wouldn’t be me; I was special. (Pardon me, while I stop for a second to laugh at the absurdity of that statement.)
And then bad things began to happen. To me. Whaaaat?!